Organisations show their support for the social work community
The Social Work Awards has announced its category sponsors for this year’s Social Worker of the Year Awards in November 2022.
There are 17 exciting award categories this year including two new additions for 2022: ‘Supporting Children in Education’ Award and ‘Digital Transformation in Social Work’ Award. Each has been sponsored by social work organisations and local authorities across the country keen to demonstrate their support of social work and commitment to the continuous professional improvement of the social work community.
Sponsors for 2022 include Headline Sponsor, Sanctuary Personnel, and Corporate Partner, BASW, both are long-time supporters of the awards. Sanctuary Personnel is sponsoring the Overall Social Worker of the Year (winner of winners) as chosen by Trustees of the charity from the gold winners of all 17 categories, and Employer of the Year, while BASW is sponsoring the Practice Educator of the Year and Social Justice Advocate Award categories.
Returning sponsors for this year’s awards are Hampshire County Council, London Borough of Wandsworth, Children’s Social Work Matters, UNISON, Devon County Council, London Borough of Lambeth, S12 Solutions, and Essex County Council.
New sponsors who have joined this year, or who started sponsoring last year, are Suffolk County Council, Torbay Council, Coventry City Council, Staffordshire University, and West Midlands ADASS.
Peter Hay CBE, Chair of the Social Work Awards, said: “It’s incredible to see organisations and local authorities recognise their social workers who carry out such a vital yet unseen role in our society.
“So many sponsors have returned, but there are so many new sponsors this year showing their commitment to social work. Thank you to all our wonderful sponsors, new and returning, for supporting our aim as a charity to recognise outstanding social work.”
The full list of sponsors and the categories they are sponsoring are:
- Hampshire County Council Adults’ Health and Care – Adult Social Worker of the Year
- London Borough of Wandsworth – Children’s Social Worker of the Year
- Devon County Council – Newly Qualified Adult Social Worker of the Year
- Children’s Social Work Matters – Newly Qualified Children’s Social Worker of the Year
- Suffolk County Council – Team Leader of the Year, Adult Services
- Suffolk County Council – Team Leader of the Year, Children’s Services
- UNISON – Team of the Year, Adult Services (incl MDTs)
- London Borough of Lambeth – Team of the Year, Children’s Services (incl MDTs)
- S12 Solutions – Mental Health Social Worker of the Year
- Torbay Council – Student Social Worker of the Year
- Coventry City Council – University of the Year
- Essex County Council – Lifetime Achievement Award
- Staffordshire University – Supporting Children in Education Award
- West Midlands ADASS – Digital Transformation in Social Work Award
Social workers from across England will be recognised at the awards ceremony in London on 4 November followed by an exclusive invitation to a reception at the Houses of Parliament in March 2023.
The shortlist of finalists will be announced in early September along with news on the celebrity host for the evening. Tickets to the ceremony will be available to purchase throughout September and October.
Keep up to date by following us on Twitter, and LinkedIn or by signing up for our newsletters.