RECOGNISE INSPIRING SOCIAL WORK
Social Work Awards, the charity behind the annual Social Worker of the Year Awards, is looking to recruit a new Trustee to help take its valuable work to the next level and secure its long-term future.
Our Board of Trustees play a pivotal role in overseeing the annual Social Worker of the Year Awards ceremony and steering the charity’s strategic direction.
We are looking for somebody with previous trustee or leadership experience, and who is passionate about celebrating and raising the profile of outstanding social work.
As a Trustee, you will be a motivated and committed individual who is able to actively support Social Work Awards to help it develop and flourish.
You will be required to attend at least three to four meetings each year (most of which now take place virtually), the annual Social Worker of the Year Awards ceremony in November, and the winners’ parliamentary reception which is held each March.
- Previous Trustee or leadership experience
- Effective communication skills with a willingness to participate actively in discussion, challenging where appropriate
- Able to think creatively and exercise good judgement
- Commitment to the aims, values, and purpose of Social Work Awards
- Able to work effectively as a team, contributing an independent perspective
- Able to display integrity, objectivity, accountability, honesty, and leadership
About the charity:
Established in 2006 and officially registered as a charity in 2011, Social Work Awards aims to recognise and celebrate the achievements of social workers, promote social work and incentivise individuals and teams in the profession to achieve excellence.
The aims of the charity are to:
- Give recognition to the challenging work of qualified social workers
- Promote best practice in the profession and celebrate success
- Improve understanding of the range of work which social workers undertake
- Celebrate and promote diversity and equal opportunities in social care
We have just begun planning for a virtual ‘thank you’ event, which will reflect and recognise the extraordinary work of social workers across England during Covid-19. Following on from this, 2021 will be a special year as the charity celebrates its 10th anniversary.
Reasonable travel expenses are payable.
The charity holds between four and six meetings each year, all of which now take place online using Microsoft Teams or Zoom.
We positively encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and this includes candidates from different socio-economic backgrounds and those who are younger than the average age of charity Trustees, those who have a disability and those from the BAME community.
To apply, please email a CV, details of two referees, and a covering letter to email@example.com.