Save the date for the 2021 Social Worker of the Year Awards
We are delighted to announce that the 10th Social Worker of the Year Awards will be taking place on Wednesday 17th November 2021.
Centred around a theme of ‘Reconnection and Recognition’, this year’s virtual event will highlight social workers’ outstanding work during the last 12 months as they support individuals and communities to reconnect and to move forward from their experiences during the pandemic.
On the night, winners from the following 12 categories will be announced:
- Student Social Worker of the Year – sponsored by Dorset Council.
- Newly Qualified Social Worker of the Year – sponsored by Waltham Forest Council.
- Adult Social Worker of the Year – sponsored by London Borough of Wandsworth.
- Children’s Social Worker of the Year – sponsored by Children’s Social Work Matters.
- Team Leader of the Year – sponsored by Devon County Council.
- Mental Health Social Worker of the Year – sponsored by Essex County Council.
- Practice Educator of the Year – sponsored by our corporate partner, BASW.
- Social Justice Advocate of the Year – sponsored by corporate partner, BASW.
- Team of the Year (any team including MDTs) – sponsored by UNISON.
- University of the Year – sponsored by Torbay Council.
- Employer of the Year – sponsored by Headline Sponsor, Sanctuary Personnel.
- Outstanding Contribution during Covid-19 (winner of winners) – sponsored by Headline Sponsor, Sanctuary Personnel.
Peter Hay CBE, Chair of the Social Work Awards, said: “Following a special event last year to thank all social workers, we feel that the time is now right to bring back the awards themselves, to shine a light on the often-hidden achievements of a compassionate profession.
“Alongside recognising outstanding practice, however, we will be sharing more stories of compassion and resilience, uplifting creativity and reflection from the past 12 months.
“As an online event that’s free to attend, we hope this year’s Social Worker of the Year event inspires as many social workers as possible across England to connect together, reflect on the last year and look forward to the future.”
Judging for this year’s awards has now ended, and the final shortlist will be revealed in early October.
In March 2022, an exclusive parliamentary reception event at the House of Commons will also return, with sponsors and award winners from 2019 and 2021 invited to attend.